This page explains our approach to privacy on our website and how it affects you.
The following applies to this website:
- We collect anonymous usage statistics about your visit, for example which of our pages you viewed.
- Some third parties like Facebook and Facebook may know you visited this website, if you use their services. We can’t control them but we don’t believe this knowledge poses a threat to you.
- If you share personally identifiable information with us we never share it with others without your explicit permission.
- We never share your data with third parties unless it is to help us deliver our own services.
We regularly review the middleoftheroad-popgroup.com website for GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) compliance and make updates as appropriate. The website uses the HTTPS (secure hosting) protocol and is also otherwise compliant.
This website uses a shopping cart (WooCommerce) to enable customers to buy products.
To keep track of cart data, WooCommerce makes use of 3 cookies:
The first two cookies contain information about the cart as a whole and helps WooCommerce know when the cart data changes. The final cookie (wp_woocommerce_session_) contains a unique code for each customer so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer. No personal information is stored within these cookies.
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
What data is collected
Information shared with a payment provider to process payments may include:
- Unique payment identifier
- Payment provider identifier
How payment providers use data
To better understand how a provider uses and stores the data shared with them, check their privacy policies directly:
If you provide us with your email address we may send you emails, generally in reply to specific enquiries. You can opt out of any of this communication at any time.
We will never provide your personal information or email address to any third parties except where they are specifically required by law.
Facebook, YouTube and other social networks
These services provide social buttons and similar features which we use on our website – such as the “Like” and “Tweet” buttons.
To do so we embed code that they provide and we do not control ourselves. To function, their buttons generally know if you’re logged in. We do not have any access to that information, nor can we control how those networks use it.
Social networks therefore could know that you’re viewing this website and provide targeted advertising on other sites.
We measure visitors to our website using Google Analytics (GA).
By default, Google Analytics captures data like:
- Page Information
- URL – the URL of the page the user is viewing
- Title – the title of the page the user is viewing
- Browser Information
- Browser name – the browser the user is using
- Viewport or Viewing pane – the size of the browser window
- Screen resolution – the resolution of the user’s screen
- Java enabled – whether or not the user has Java enabled
- User Information
- Location – this is derived from the IP address where the hit originated. The IP address itself is not available in GA as it is personally identifiable information (PII) which violates the terms of Google Analytics.
- Search – search terms used to find the site
- Language – derived from the language settings of the browser
All of this information is anonymous i.e. we don’t know who you are; just that somebody visited our site.
The information we collect from GA helps us understand what parts of our sites are doing well, how people arrive at our site and we use this information to make our website better.
Any data collected by GA that is associated with cookies, user identifiers or advertising identifiers is retained for a period of up to 26 months.
You can opt out if you wish.
Things you can do
You have legal control over your personal data, and so you may at any time:
- get a copy of any personal data we hold about you
- have any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete data corrected
- ask that personal data be erased when it’s no longer needed
- ask that your data is not used for marketing purposes
If you need to do so then please get in touch with us using the details below.